We know our members have plenty to share with colleagues to contribute to professional development. That is why we want to encourage you to be Speakers at the at the 2018 FAAPI Conference to be held in Río Gallegos, Santa Cruz.
1- Go through the Call for Papers . You will find a number of topics to choose from, as well as different formats: papers, workshops, poster presentations and the mini-presentation option “What worked with my class”.
2- Complete the Presenter’s Form available from before May 5th and register for the Conference before May 31st. (Actually if you register before March 11th you will enjoy a discount)
3- Once your proposal has been accepted, apply for the APRIR Speaker Scholarship, which consists of $4000 to apply to your travelling expenses.
- to be a fully paid-up Member of APRIR, with at least one year as a Member
- not to have received an APRIR Scholarship in the last 5 years.
- not to be sponsored in this presentation by any other organisation
- to submit an application (backed by the FAAPI Conference Academic Committee acceptance of the proposal).
How to apply
Send the following in electronic format to email@example.com by 13 July 2018 (Subject: ‘Your Name – APRIR Speaker Scholarship’):
- a completed speaker proposal and registration form (including biodata and presentation abstract), as submitted to the FAAPI Conference Academic Committee
- acceptance of this proposal
- your CV (please include teaching experience and academic presentations, if applicable)
- a passport size-type digital photograph
- a brief explanation of why you are applying and why you think you should be granted the scholarship. (about 150/200 words)
A decision will be made by the Executive Committee by 31 July 2018. Given equal merit, priority will be given to First -time Speakers. The winner will be notified by APRIR and he/she will then be required:
- to send a 250-word report on the experience at the Conference for publication in the APRIR Newsletter and website
- to deliver his/her presentation in Rosario including a summary of the sessions s/he attended and his/her personal reflections. (date to be agreed with APRIR)
Applications / More information: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: APRIR Speaker Scholarship)
Please note that FAAPI is also offering the Daniel Fernández Scholarship for first- time speaker at a FAAPI Conference. Do consider applying as well if you meet the requirements.