We know our members have plenty to share with colleagues to contribute to professional development. That is why we want to encourage you to be Speakers at the 2019 FAAPI Conference to be held in Salta.
1- Go through the Call for Papers. You will find a number of topics to choose from, as well as different formats: papers, workshops, poster presentations and the mini-presentation option “What worked with my class”.
2- Fulfil all the requirements set out by the Academic Committee in due time and register for the Conference before May 31st. (Actually if you register before March 1st you will enjoy a discount).
3- Once your proposal has been accepted, apply for the APRIR Speaker Scholarship, which consists of $6000 to apply to your travelling expenses.
- to be a fully paid-up member of APRIR, with at least one year as a member
- not to have received an APRIR Scholarship in the last 5 years
- not to be sponsored in this presentation by any other organisation
- to submit an application (backed by the acceptance of the proposal from the FAAPI Conference Academic Committee).
How to apply
Send the following in electronic format to email@example.com by July 15th 2019 (Subject: ‘Your Name – APRIR Speaker Scholarship’):
- a completed speaker proposal and registration form (including biodata and presentation abstract), as submitted to the FAAPI Conference Academic Committee
- acceptance of this proposal
- your CV (please include teaching experience and academic presentations, if applicable)
- a passport size-type digital photograph
- a brief statement of purpose outlining why you are applying and why you think you should be granted the scholarship. (about 150/200 words)
A decision will be made by the Executive Committee by July 31st 2019. Given equal merit, priority will be given to First-time Speakers. The winner will be notified by APRIR and he/she will then be required:
- to submit legal receipts of payment made out to APRIR (CUIT 30680502109) for the sum total of $6000 for bookkeeping purposes
- to send a 250-word report on the experience at the Conference for publication in the APRIR Newsletter and website
- to deliver his/her presentation in Rosario including a summary of the sessions attended and personal reflections. (date to be agreed with APRIR)
Applications and further information:
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: APRIR Speaker Scholarship)
Please note that FAAPI is also offering the Daniel Fernández Scholarship for first- time speaker at a FAAPI Conference. Do consider applying as well if you meet the requirements.